Last modified: March 28, 2008
- Mailing Address :
- Department of Mathematics, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060-0810, Japan
- Telephone & Facsimile Numbers :
- 81 11 706 2672 (Office)
81 11 706 4839 / 81 11 706 2636 (Secretary)
- Current Research Topics :
- Nonlinear Schrödinger Equations
Scattering theory, Strichartz estimates, Analyticity and smoothing properties of solutions, Derivative coupling, etc.
- Nonlinear Hyperbolic Equations
Klein-Gordon equation, Dirac equation, Systems of wave equations, Strichartz estimates, Nonrelativistic limit, Self-similar solutions, etc.
- Function Spaces
Embedding theorems, Interpolation inequalities, Characterizations of fractional Sobolev spaces over Lie groups, etc.
- Publications :
- More than 90 papers in refereed journals. » Selected Papers with Comments
More than 80 papers in refereed journals. » Forthcoming Papers
More than 10 articles in Surikaisekikenkyusho Kokyuroku.
Part of my publications are cited in the following books.
- J. Bourgain, Global Solutions of Nonlinear Schrödinger Equations, AMS Colloquium Publications 46, 1999.
- R. Carles, Semi-classical analysis for nonlinear Schrödinger equations,World Scientific, 2008.
- T. Cazenave, Semilinear Schrödinger Equations, AMS Courant Lecture Notes in Mathematics 10, 2003.
- T. Cazenave and A. Haraux, An Introduction to Semilinear Evolution Equations, Oxford Science Publications, 1998.
- D. B. Dix, Large - Time Behavior of Solutions of Linear Dispersive Equations, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1668, Springer, 1997.
- Y. Giga and M. H. Giga, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, Kyoritsu Publ. 1999 (in Japanese).
- J. Ginibre, Introduction aux équations de Schrödinger non linéaires, Cours de DEA 1994 - 1995, Paris Onze édition L 161, 1998.
- N. Hayashi, E. I. Kaikina, P. I. Naumkin, and I. A. Shishmarev, Asymptotics for Dissipative Nonlinear Equations, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1884, Springer, 2006.
- L. Hörmander, Lectures on Nonlinear Hyperbolic Differential Equations, Mathématiques & Applications 26, Springer, 1996.
- Y. Charles Li, Chaos in Partial Differential Equations, International Press, 2003.
- C. Sulem and P. - L. Sulem, The Nonlinear Schrödinger Equations, Self - Focusing and Wave Collapse, Applied Mathematical Sciences 139, Springer, 1999.
- T. Tao, Nonlinear Dispersive Equations, CBMS Regional Conference Series in Math. Vol. 106, AMS, 2006.
- COE Activities :
- Program Leader
- MSJ Activities :
Board of trustees (since 2006)
Committee of Division of Functional Equations (since 2002), Chair (since 2005)
- Organizing Committees :
- Sapporo Symposium on PDE, Hokkaido University (since 1997)
- Harmonic Analysis and Nonlinear PDE, RIMS, Kyoto University (since 1997)
- COE Special Months "Nonlinear Dispersive Equations," August - September, 2004.
- COE Special Months "Recent development in Mathematical material sciences," October, 2004 - March, 2005.
- Editorial Boards :
- Hokkaido Mathematical Journal (since 1995)
- SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis (1999-2004)
- MSJ Memoirs (since 2000)
- Differential and Integral Equations (since 2001)
- Other Activities
- Academic Degrees :
- Bachelor of Science, Department of Physics, Waseda University, March 1984 (Advisor : Masayoshi Tsutsumi)
Master of Science, RIMS, Kyoto University, March 1986 (Advisor : Shigetake Matsuura)
Doctor of Science, RIMS, Kyoto University, March 1990 (Advisor : Shigetake Matsuura)
- Professional Positions :
- Research Associate, Department of Mathematics, Nagoya University, April 1988 - May 1990
Research Associate, RIMS, Kyoto University, June 1990 - March 1992
Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, Hokkaido University, April 1992 - March 1993
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Hokkaido University, April 1993 - March 1995
Professor, Department of Mathematics, Hokkaido University, April 1995 - present
- Awards :
- Furukawa Sansui Prize (Physics), March 1984, Furukawa Sansui Meeting
- MSJ Spring Prize, March 1998, Mathematical Society of Japan
- Ph. D. Students :
- Makoto Nakamura (1999)
Shuji Machihara (2002)
Jun Kato (2003)
Yutaka Terasawa (2007)
- Research Projects Supported by JSPS :
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) #09304012, 1997 - 2000
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) #13304011, 2001 - 2003
Research Supporting Staff : Satoshi Kosugi (2001), Kazuyuki Yamauchi (2001-2003)
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S) #16104002, 2004 - 2008
Research Supporting Staff : Kazuyuki Yamauchi (2004), Michiyuki Watanabe (2005-2007), Satoshi Sasayama (2006), Yusuke Yamauchi (2007-)
- JSPS Research Fellowships :
- Makoto Nakamura (1996 - 1999)
Shuji Machihara (2000 - 2001)
Jun Kato (2000 - 2003)
Yasuko Yamazaki (2003 - 2005)
Yutaka Terasawa(2006 - 2008)
- JSPS Postdoctal Fellowships for Foreign Researcher
- Yonggeun Cho (2004 - 2006)
- JSPS Invitation Fellowship programs for Research in Japan
- Rémi Carles (2006)
- Miscellaneous Articles