RIMS meeting: Potential Theory and its Related Fields
Enryaku-ji and Ishiyama-dera
On September 5 (Wednesday) afternoon, we are planning to go to Mt. Hiei-zan and visit Enryaku-ji (Tendai temple) founded in 787. We may take Shojin-Ryori Lunch, Japanese traditional vegetable meal.
We may also enjoy walking; if we are lucky, we might happen to see
wild monkeys and deers.
We go down to Sakamoto on the Biwa Lake by cable car.
If time allows, we visit Ishiyama-dera (Shingon temple) founded in 747.
It is said that Murasaki Shikibu began to write the Tale of Genji at Ishiyama-dera in 1004. (http://www.otsucci.or.jp/genji/genji-story/english.html
- Enryaku-ji 550
- Demachi Yanagi - Yase Hieizan Guchi: 260
- Cable Yase - Cable Hiei: 530
- Ropeway Hiei - Mt. Hiei: 310
- Cable Enryaku-ji - Cable Sakamoto: 840
- Keihan Sakamoto - Keihan Ishiyama-dera: 310
- Keihan Ishiyama-dera - SanJou Keihan (downtown Kyoto): 540
- 2,100 (Reservation by September 3 (Monday) is needed.)
Total Cost: 5,940