Details : Call for applications for ITP fellows (to visit partner institutes in FY2011)
- ♦ About travel and local expenses
- Travel and local expenses are provided based on the actual expenses (essentially), and adjusted depending on the classification of the partner institute. Details will be notified after the selection.
Applicants need to obtain approval from the partner institute if it is a long-term stay. Also, if accepted, applicants need to negotiate about accommodation (and others) in advance. Please contact us if there are some help needed for negotiation with partner institutes.
- ♦ ITP Partner Institutes (details are here)
- University of Leipzig, University of Valencia, University of Provence, Durham University, University of Liverpool, Indiana University, University of California, Los Angeles, The University of Maryland, University of Michigan, National University of Singapore, New York University, Pennsylvania State University, University of Trieste, University of Grenoble I, University of California, Berkeley, Nanyang Technological University, Fudan University, Seoul National University, Korea Institute for Advanced Study, Polish Academy of Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, National Taiwan University
- ♦ List of Duties and Others for ITP Fellows
All ITP fellows (short-term and long-term) must submit “ITP Research Report” (Form 20-2, 1 page or more) in English after they return.
ITP fellows (long-term (1month or more) only) must present their achievements in English in a debriefing session after they return. It can be substituted by a presentation in English in a seminar (or the like) with their advisors approval. In such case, state clearly that the seminar is a debriefing session of ITP, and provide information to the secretary of ITP. (The information will be posted on the website.)
ITP fellows are asked to write reports on their life/researches at the partner institutes while their stay and send them to the secretary with some photos. (It will be posted on the website. Presenting the active research activities to the public will benefit all ITP fellows.)
All ITP fellows should make efforts to write a paper based on their achievements they obtained during their stay at the partner institutes. In the paper, please state that the work was supported by the ITP Program (for example, “This work was supported by the JSPS International Training Program(ITP)”), and hand in the preprint to the secretary.
ITP fellows are asked to help subsequent and potential ITP fellows as “ITP volunteers” by providing information, supporting their preparation to go to the partner institutes including their presentation in English, and so on. Any cooperation will be greatly appreciated.