ACCESS INFORMATION : RIES
Research Center for Integrative Mathematics (RCIM) is located at the Research Institute for Electronic Science (RIES) on North Campus of Hokkaido University. The RIES Building is adjacent to Creative Research Initiative âSoseiâ (Sosei Kenkyu Kiko, abbr. SOSEITO), which is the main building on North Campus. See the below map for the directions inside the buildings. If you need assistance, please call extension 9455 at the information booth of the SOSEITO building.
HOW TO GET TO NORTH CAMPUS:
Click here (PDF) for the large map including the subway stations and the campus.
KITA18 JYO STATION:
The closest public transportation terminal to North Campus is Kita 18 jyo subway station. From Sapporo (also Odori, and Susukino), take Nanboku-line headed for Asabu, drop at Kita 18-jyo station (2nd station from Sapporo, 200yen).
- From Kita 18 Jyo Station:
- By TAXI,
- Approximately 5 minutes ride (Approximately 600 yen). Tell the driver to go to âSosei-Toâ building on North Campus.
- By FOOT,
- Approximately 20 minutes walk from Kita 18-jyo station. After you pass the 18jyomon entrance, follow the pink solid line on the below map.
Sapporo Station is the closest station to Main Campus. Vicinities of Sapporo Station are the center of the town and there are many hotels, restaurants, and shops. Sapporo Station is the terminal of JR, 2 subway lines (Nanboku & Toho), local & distance busses.
From Sapporo Station:
- By TAXI,
- Approximately 10 minutes ride (Approximately 1,300 yen).
- By BUS,
- The bus stop is on the south side of Sapporo station (opposite side with Hokkaido University). Take Chuo Bus [#Nishi51] for Kita 24-jyo station from the bus stop #6 in front of Sapporo Seibu, drop at Kita21 Nishi15 (10th bus stop from Sapporo Station). Approximately 5 minutes walk from Kita21 Nishi 15 bus stop. For the walking route from the bus stop, follow the red line on the below map
- By FOOT,
- Hokkaido University is famous for the beautiful campus, and there are several sightseeing spots on Main Campus. Foot route is recommended if you have plenty of time. It will take approximately 40 minutes to RIES from Sapporo Station through Main Campus. Click here (PDF) for the recommended foot route.
FROM MAIN CAMPUS:
Take shuttle bus from the University Administration Office, located on the right hand side of the Main entrance, to SOSEITO. Shuttle buses run at fifteen-minute intervals. For on campus circulation routes, click here (PDF).